Answered By: Reference Desk 2 Last Updated: Apr 27, 2016 Views: 4
There are several ways to go about this:
First, try typing the article name into Smartsearch, it may come up right away!
If note, you need to track down the journal and go from there. Follow these steps:
1) Go to the Library's Homepage
2) The center SmartSearch box has a tab that says Journals. Select Journals.
3) Select Search by Title
4) Search on the journal's title (NOT the article title)
5) If the journal appears on the list of results, click on the journal title to check it's availability.
6) Often you will see an option that says Full Text that allows you to fill out the Year, Volume, Issue and Start page. Ideally all of that information is in your citation. Fill out that information and click on the GO button.
7) You should go to an introductory page for that article. Look above and to the right of the article title for the PDF option to download the full text in PDF.
**Please note, the library cannot subscribe to every published journal. If you need more assistance with finding the full text, please contact us at the library.